Go back to the main Advisory Circulars page.
Subject: Pilot Guide: Flight in Icing Conditions
AC No: 91-74B
Initiated by: AFS-800
This advisory circular (AC) contains updated and additional information for the pilots of airplanes under Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) parts 91, 121, 125, and 135. The purpose of this AC is to provide pilots with a convenient reference guide on the principal factors related to flight in icing conditions and the location of additional information in related publications. As a result of these updates and consolidating of information, AC 91-74A, Pilot Guide: Flight in Icing Conditions, dated December 31, 2007, and AC 91-51A, Effect of Icing on Aircraft Control and Airplane Deice and Anti-Ice Systems, dated July 19, 1996, are cancelled. This AC does not authorize deviations from established company procedures or regulatory requirements.
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – Atmospheric Conditions Associated With Icing
- Chapter 3 – Icing Effects, Protections, and Detection (Part One)
- Chapter 3 – Icing Effects, Protections, and Detection (Part Two)
- Chapter 4 – Flight Planning
- Chapter 5 – Icing Operations
- Summary, Recommended Reading, and Icing Checklists