Go back to the main Aeronautical Knowledge Page.
Flight instruments enable an aircraft to be operated with maximum performance and enhanced safety, especially when flying long distances. Manufacturers provide the necessary flight instruments, but to use them effectively, pilots need to understand how they operate. As a pilot, it is important to become very familiar with the operational aspects of the pitot-static system and associated instruments, the vacuum system and associated instruments, the gyroscopic instruments, and the magnetic compass.
- Pitot-Static Flight Instruments – Impact and Static Pressure Chambers and Lines
- Pitot-Static Flight Instruments – Altimeters (Part One)
- Pitot-Static Flight Instruments – Altimeters (Part Two)
- Pitot-Static Flight Instruments – Vertical Speed (VSI) and Airspeed (ASI) Indicators
- Pitot-Static Flight Instruments – Blockage of the Pitot Static System
- Electronic Flight Display (EFD)
- Gyroscopic Flight Instruments (Part One)
- Gyroscopic Flight Instruments (Part Two)
- Gyroscopic Flight Instruments (Part Three)
- Angle of Attack Indicators
- Aircraft Compass Systems (Part One)
- Aircraft Compass Systems (Part Two)
Private Pilot Test Prep 2018 – Pilot license candidates studying for the Private and Recreational Pilot FAA Knowledge Exam will find sample questions for every question in the Federal Aviation Administration exam database along with their answers and explanations. Questions from the exam are arranged by subject category, with each section prefaced by text introducing the subject matter and accompanied by specific study material. Each question is followed by the answer, an explanation of the answer, and a Learning Statement Code for further study in FAA materials. Updates are provided to account for FAA test-question changes throughout the publication year via the ASA website or e-mail alerts. Up-to-date basics on aerodynamics, engine operation, flight instruments, performance, radio navigation, and meteorology are among the subjects covered in this study aid. Includes softcover book and computer testing supplement.
You may also find the Private Pilot Oral Exam Guide helpful in your preparation for your FAA oral Exam.