Go back to the main Helicopter Flight Training Page.
The maneuvers presented in this chapter require more skill and understanding of the helicopter and the surrounding environment. When performing these maneuvers, a pilot is probably taking the helicopter to the edge of the safe operating envelope. Therefore, if you are ever in doubt about the outcome of the maneuver, abort the mission entirely or wait for more favorable conditions.
- Reconnaissance Procedures
- Maximum Performance Takeoff and Maximum Performance Takeoff
- Rapid Deceleration or Quick Stop and Steep Approach
- Shallow Approach and Running/Roll-On Landing
- Slope Operations
- Confined Area Operations
- Pinnacle and Ridgeline Operations
Flight Literacy Recommends
This section is based on the FAA Helicopter Flying Handbook FAA-H-8083-21B 2019.