Go back to the main Instrument Flight Rules Page.
This category describes basic attitude instrument flight maneuvers and explains how to perform each one by interpreting the indications presented on the electronic flight display (EFD). In addition to normal flight maneuvers, “partial panel” flight is addressed. With the exception of the instrument takeoff, all flight maneuvers can be performed on “partial panel” with the Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) unit simulated or rendered inoperative.
- Straight-and-Level Flight – Pitch Control (Part One)
- Straight-and-Level Flight – Pitch Control (Part Two)
- Straight-and-Level Flight – Bank Control
- Straight-and-Level Flight – Power Control and Trim Technique
- Common Errors in Straight-and-Level Flight
- Straight Climbs and Descents (Part One)
- Straight Climbs and Descents (Part Two)
- Turns (Part One) – Standard Rate Turns
- Turns (Part Two) – Turns to Predetermined Headings, Timed Turns, and Compass Turns
- Turns (Part Three) – Steep Turns
- Turns (Part Four) – Unusual Attitudes
- Instrument Takeoff Using an Electronic Flight Display
Flight Literacy Recommends