Go back to the main Instrument Flight Rules Page.
This category is a discussion of conducting a flight under instrument flight rules (IFR). It also explains the sources for flight planning, the conditions associated with instrument flight, and the procedures used for each phase of IFR flight: departure, en route, and approach. The category concludes with an example of an IFR flight that applies many of the procedures discussed in the category.
- Sources of Flight Planning Information
- IFR Flight Plan
- ATC Clearances
- Departure Procedures (DPs)
- En Route Procedures
- Holding Procedures
- Instrument Approaches (Part One)
- Instrument Approaches (Part Two)
- Instrument Approaches (Part Three)
- Instrument Weather Flying (Part One)
- Instrument Weather Flying (Part Two)
- Conducting an IFR Flight (Part One)
- Conducting an IFR Flight (Part Two)
Flight Literacy Recommends